26.10.09

The Joy of Puppy Breath

I am not impulsive. I am a planner. My head is constantly swirling with plans for the rest of the day, plans for tomorrow, plans for the future. The must haves, the wants, the some days and the bucket lists (I must remember to share those one day).

More and more I have found it necessary to be more impulsive, and flexible about life. I think it is the nature of single parenthood. You just never know what is around the corner. And yet, I still struggle with feeling out of control when my life does not follow my plans.

But, here is one impulse I am so happy about:







Last Saturday, quite unexpectedly, I found myself the new owner of a gorgeous little (ok, he is HUGE for his age) 8 week old LabX puppy. Lil A immediately named him and the two have been inseparable. That evening I was in disbelief of my own impulse and shocked to have taken such a huge step that will affect our lives for the next decade, at least. But lil A's brimming joy was enough to put me at ease knowing i had done a good thing by him.


I have never shied away from responsibility, but I had forgotten how much work a puppy can be! He is adorable and so smart and has learned Sit and Down already (took him less than a day to figure it out). So there is the reason why I have neglected writing for a week. I have had my hands full, and have truly loved it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. So cute. I recently rescued a puppy so I know exactly what you are going through. My first dog was a golden retriever and the easiest puppy ever. Little did I know, that's not how normal puppies are. Normal puppies pee everywhere. Normal puppies bite everyone. Normal puppies chew on things they aren't supposed to. Normal puppies have this thing called "puppy crazies" where they just start running in circles for no reason. *sigh* Luckily, she doesn't have to go out in the middle of the night to pee anymore!

I strongly believe that it is very good for kids to have pets. I got our first dog so my daughter wouldn't feel as much like an only child and to kind of make our little family bigger. The second one is to teach her responsibility and it's working. You made a very good choice!