8.5.10

Long time no post -- On why my mind is in total disarray

I know I am going through some kind of special trial by fire. I am certain I will emerge on the other end, stronger, wiser . . . older.

In the last two months
  • M attempted suicide
  • Somehow I was the only one authorized to deal with medical and health decisions for him
  • The hospital discharged him after a few days without notifying any family members - chaos ensued.
  • Then, I had a long conversation with his ex"room-mate" - It turned  my perception of the last 10 years, upside down. 
  • I came to the sudden realization M is really really sick.
  • I determined to cut off all contact.
  • My mom called - Dad's cancer had spread - he had 6-8 weeks to go - max
  • My parents have made no plans for his death what so ever (after 9 years of sickness)
  • A week later their house was sold by the land lord. They had 60 days notice in a market where rents had doubled in rental price. 
  • M's fury about being isolated and me talking to his girlfriend of 2 years was unleashed
  • Dad's chemo did not help. Dad admitted in hospital on palliative care
  • Mom in complete despair, alone a world away
Leaving me... looking for housing for her, applying for my citizenship, prepping immigration paperwork to bring her here, figuring out the next steps for her once dad passes...

All this wile still struggling wiht my complete isolation from adult company.

I keep breathing, and reminding myself: This too shall pass...

No comments: