31.3.10

On why I hate romantic movies

                                                                                                                Image borrowed from HERE



I rarely watch romantic movies. They leave such a bitter sweet taste in my mouth! Part of the issue is that the characters are always (BJ's diaries is the only one I can think of where that is not necessarily the case) so polished, physically perfect, glowing, and in some way adorable. Up on the silver screen they have no BO, they dress perfectly and their personal quirks are usually what is glorified. None of them pick their noses while driving, and even when working out they personify an unattainable image.

The plot lines are even more irksome. Some perfect 10 is single and struggling to find companionship. They meet another perfect 10 and go through some trial and upheaval only to have the universe bring them back together. Come on! I used to be a perfect 10 (trust me, I was! I did travel through many a continent modeling as a teenager after all!) I was never single, and never had issues meeting a mate. Romance was around every corner. Those days are gone now.

I look at these movies and always leave depressed, feeling alone and hopeless. The thoughts of "I am never eating again" and "Fat girls never get the guy" only ever pass through my head when viewing a romantic flick. I go through a day of moodiness and self pity.

Horror movies on the other hand cheer me up. They are so obviously removed from reality that should they cause any type of self reflection I should probably be seeking psychiatric help.

So there! Life would be so much easier as a perfect 10. Luckily in my case i need to focus on substance over looks. I am a better person for it, I know.

2 comments:

said...

I dunno. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic. I like to think that there's always hope and a person out there for everyone.

Maybe I'm the one who should be seeking help, huh?

((hugs))

D.P. Lorra said...

T... I envy you. You don't need help. You need to have the faith to be able to believe in any relationship.

I"ll get there eventually. I think I am not ready to believe I deserve romance... which is why I have such trouble with this stuff....